Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

First Day Jitters!!

I never get tired of reading this story to my class at the beginning of the year. It is a nice "ice breaker" to let them know that even teachers get a "little" nervous. I also like this story because it leads into talking about emothions. Some students seem leary to say they are nervous or scared but simple things in our life can cause these emotions and that is nothing to be ashamed of!!
So the packet contains:
Craft...My first day jitters!
Poem...Use text to answer questions.
Anchor Chart with poem
Story Recall...wirte about favorite part and include a picture, story elements, beginning/middle/end
Word Work...word search, synonyms/antonyms, word study, word cards accompanied by 4 suggestions of games and uses
Things that give me the Jitters
Poster ...My First Day
I think you will find this packet enjoyable and one that will enhance your first day or week of school.
Michele


0 comments:

Post a Comment