Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

What Can I Write About?



WHAT CAN I WRITE ABOUT?
How many times have you been asked that question?
Well I have come up with something that has certainly helped in my classroom.
It is PART of my Constructing a Writing Center Packet with a little tweaking.

In the writing center I begin to introduce the types of writing one at a time.  The practice pages are put in a bin with the choice cards out and laminated.
An example would be that you are introducing how to write a letter.  During center time you encourage students to write letters.  This would be in the center.




Each time you introduce a new type of writing a new bin is put out.  Here is an example.
Because students have choices after all types of writing have been introduced the record their writing in a folder and keep their work their for me to check.  I can take it home to work on or the student can bring it with them to the writing conference.  The check list assures that the child is working on a number of selections and by looking at the date they started I can see how long they are taking.  
They check their own work and I check their work as well.


The topics the kiddos get to choose from are fun and include pictures. Here are just a few examples.






The packet also includes final write pages as well as graphic organizers for idea gathering.
The cards are easy to cut, laminate, punch, and put on a ring.







0 comments:

Post a Comment