Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Red Ribbon Week!

Even primary kiddos can benefit from discussions and activities related to Red Ribbon Week!
I stick to a "I am special"  "I make healthy choices theme".
Like this adorable activity using gum balls to identify healthy choices.
You could even do a big poster with the gum ball machine and then have each child color and put their name on a gum ball.
We "chews" to be Happy and Healthy!



The packet continues with activities to share about individual characteristics that make each child special.
 Word work and vocabulary development is always important.
There is a mini interactive book for kiddos to write about healthy choices.
 Writing is also included as well as pictures for students to prepare posters.
The girl is shown here.
Finally if you would like your theme to be "Say Boo to drugs!" check out these cute activities.
A craft and bookmarks.  I also prepared each worksheet shown here with the "boo" theme!




I also love this official Red Ribbon site. It has all sorts of suggestions for your classroom as well as your school.  This year's theme is #YOUONLYLIVEONCE!
The freebie from The Not so Whimpy Teacher is filled with other ideas.
Make this a special week for you class!!





6 comments:

  1. Well done and nice job ex client work and useful information about the school assemblies. nice job.
    school assemblies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would love a copy of the Freebie on your page (Healthy or Hurtful), but when I click on the link it says "This file does not exist". Is there any way you could email it to me? Thank you so much! cwing@concrete.k12.wa.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto! is this freebie still available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of the freebie Healthy or Hurtful but it says file does not exist. my email is sdavid@fcusd.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would appreciate a copy too- love it. rhonda.ray@carlislecsd.org

      Delete